Tuesday, November 13, 2007

All Things Begin With An Engagement of Some Sorts

Well ladies and gents, it has finally happened. He proposed, I accepted. It was not a surprise, which was a good thing. If there's one thing I hate most in this world it’s a surprise. He spoiled the surprise in three ways, in which I will list for your right now:

1. He asked me when my dad was coming home. Never in THREE years has this man ever asked and/or cared when Dad was coming home. This sent my snooping alarm bells off.

2. He gave me a curfew to be home from my shopping trip that afternoon. I was told that I had to be DRESSED AND READY by 5:45pm SHARP! Yes sir, drill sergeant sir!

3. He told me he couldn't afford to go to a haunted house, but wanted to go to a nice dinner. Sometimes I think he doesn't give me enough credit in my extraordinary snooping capabilities.

I ruined the surprise myself, I will list these ways as well:

1. I interrogated a friend about it. Apparently Boyfriend leaked some information to her boyfriend. She told me. I have great interrogation skills.

2. Since I already had the bling (aka the diamond), Boyfriend only had to buy the band. I saw the empty ring box in his car, which showed me that he had taken the diamond to get the ring made. *Note* This was totally accidental, OK well not really.

3. I kept pumping him for information, and he would finally break and tell me little tidbits. Once again, I have great interrogation skills. *Note To Self* perhaps seek out career in law enforcement.

He proposed in a beautiful park down in Pittsburgh . I love my ring. Its so beautiful I want to love it and squish it and call it George….but its sharp, and I really don't need to do those kinds of things to a ring anyways. After that, we went to dinner where we had our first "official" date over three years ago (our first date consisted of going to a bar where they have and event called "Midget Throwing Mondays" so that one didn't count). We topped off the night celebrating at a friend's house, which led to me throwing up on the side of the road.

A proposal and alcohol abuse all in one night. I'm a lucky girl.

2 comments:

Virginia Belle said...

dude, this post was hilarious! love it!

Meghan (The Declaration of MY Independence) said...

I'm glad you liked it! I'm trying to update the blog more often. Come back from your trip soon, I miss you!